There are many reasons why children should see a pediatric dentist. But how do you choose the best one for your child? If you recently moved to the area and are looking to establish care at a new office or you’re a new parent and are looking for your child’s first dental home or you’re not happy with the way things are at your child’s current office, give Shady Grove Pediatric Dentistry a try.
It’s always a good idea to choose your child’s pediatric dentist as soon as possible, so your kiddo can get regular dental exams and any problems can be identified early. It’s also helpful to have established a strong relationship with your child’s pediatric dentist so you have someone to call in case of a dental emergency.
Many variables play a role when you’re choosing the best dentist for your children. How you rank your priorities is up to you, but here are five items that we feel should be on every parent’s list.
1. The location of the practice is definitely something to consider. How close is it to your home or to your child’s school? Is the distance convenient enough that twice-yearly check-ups will be easy? Set up a range based on your answers to these questions and look for dentists inside it.
2. What is the pediatric dentist’s reputation? Within the radius you’re willing to travel, which dentists have the best reputation among their other patients? Find out by checking their reviews on Google and spend some time reviewing their website. You can also get recommendations from your neighbors and friends, especially if they have children who are similar in age to your children.
3. Does the pediatric dentist focus more on young children or teenagers? Do you want someone with expertise in infant oral health? Minimally invasive dentistry options? Are you looking for an office that aims to create relationships and takes their time with each child and family, or do you need a more transactional model where a higher volume of patients is seen?
4. As important as it is to get high-quality dental care for your child, cost is undeniably a factor, too. What’s your household’s budget for dental care? Do you have access to a dental benefits plan through your employer? Would you like to have the option of signing up for a membership savings plan? Keep in mind that preventing dental problems or treating them early is typically much cheaper than waiting until they get serious, so slightly greater upfront costs are often well worth the investment.
5. How comfortable is your child around the dentist? It doesn’t matter how affordable and skilled a dentist is if the kids can’t relax with them and their team members. Great pediatric dentists and their team always prioritize patient comfort and will take an appropriate pace with your child.
Hopefully this list gives you a good place to start in your search for the best pediatric dentist in the Rockville area, but if you’re still uncertain, come meet Dr. Ball and the team at Shady Grove Pediatric Dentistry! We can answer all your questions and you will find out if we’re a good fit for your child’s dental needs.
We love meeting new patients!
Banjo affogato irure narwhal tote bag do church-key XOXO esse kale chips dolore. Esse synth 90's, banh mi mollit yr kale chips kogi quinoa. 90's poutine hashtag, authentic deep v disrupt cornhole tilde prism chicharrones taxidermy schlitz eu. Pug magna pariatur, mumblecore migas shabby chic kitsch est selvage poutine four loko offal godard.